Monday, December 22, 2014

The Unearthed by Evan Ronan

Evan Ronan told me this was a slow-burn horror, at that worried me. I thought that meant it was going to be really slow and that it wouldn't catch my interest quick enough. That was not the case, at all. I was immediately interested to this book. It was so much like all those paranormal movies I love. All that was missing was a "Based on a true story" line at the beginning. 

Once I started it I really didn't want to stop reading it. That's is probably why it only took me a little over a day to read it. If I didn't have to sleep it wouldn't have taken that long. 

I thought it was comical that Evan Ronan wrote his character into the book. I laughed when I first read his name in it and then laughed harder when it said he was an author. I've never read anything like that before, very unique. 

It takes it's time in the beginning introducing everyone. First it introduced the members of the house that were living in the house they believed was haunted. Then it introduced the the members of the paranormal investigation team. Eddie was my favorite character, he was so likable. He was more the people person compared to his brother Tim. 

The Rosselli's moved into the massacre house. A house where three members of a family were brutally killed. They call upon Tim and Eddie's paranormal investigation team to help them figure out what they're dealing with. Billy Rosselli, has found an imaginary friend since moving into the house one that tells him to do very bad things. It's up to Eddie and Tim and the rest of their team to save this family from the same fate as the last.  

This is one series that I look forward to finishing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment