Thursday, December 11, 2014

Since You've Been Gone by Mary Jennifer Payne

I really wasn't sure how I was going to like this book. I normally don't read books like this, it's just not my style. That being said, I actually liked it! I've never read anything written by Mary Jennifer Payne before but I will now. 

I really enjoyed the relationship between Edie and her mom, it was really sweet. Even when she was mad at her mom it was very evident that she still cared. Edie's mom went through Hell to protect her daughter and that is the biggest form of love there is. 

Jermaine was too nice of a guy for all the stuff that he dealt with. I don't know anyone that would put up with half the things that he did without punching someone. I guess I'm just more violent than he was. Edie and Jermaine were adorable together and I'm glad it ended the way it did for them. 

Edie and her mom have been on the run from her abusive dad for five years. Every time they would get comfortable some where they would have to pick up and leave because he found them again. They run to London and then the unthinkable happens, her mom never came home from work. Edie is all alone in a place that she has never been before. She teams up with Jermaine, the local outcast, to find her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment