Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Lost by Evan Ronan

This is the second book in the Unearthed series by Evan Ronan. The first captured me so hard I had to immediately read the second one. Unlike The Unearthed which was a slow burn horror The Lost was a paranormal mystery. I never used to like mysteries but I'm quickly coming around to them, maybe I liked this one so much because it has that paranormal element.

This one took a little longer to grab me than The Unearthed but once it grabbed me I was just as invested. Even though this is the same series I'm not comparing them to each other because they are two completely different book in two completely different genres. 

I liked that The Unearthed was an actual book in The Lost. Stuff like that pulls the series together and it makes this paranormal book feel real, like I'm watching it on tv.

Again I loved Eddie in this, I'm glad he was brought to the second book. I wish it had more Moria and Stan because I thought they were so funny in the last one. But this one had Ana (Anastasia) and that was good enough because she was a tough girl- she was funny too. I loved Ana and Eddie together, their personalities complimented each other well. 

Marty Kindler and his goons were more than annoying. Whitmore was also very irritating but I understood he was the chief of police so it was his job to be hard on Eddie. In the end I liked him though, when he finally talked to Eddie like a person and not a criminal. Sean McKenna made an appearance in this book as well and he was more of an ass this round- if that's possible- he was on a mission of revenge. He blames Eddie for what happened to his son, which is stupid because it wasn't his fault. He got off easy in the end of this and I don't like it one bit. 

Fourteen years ago ... Tessa and her friends played a dangerous game on an icy lake. When the ice broke, no one could save Tessa from drowning. Her death cast a pall over the lives of everyone in town.
Five years ago ... Eddie McCloskey's brother was murdered on their last paranormal investigation. Now Eddie, who swore off ghost hunting, faces the biggest case of his life.
Now ... Marty Kindler, heir to the local gentry, claims the whole town is haunted. Either this is the find of the century, or it's all a hoax. Only Eddie can find the truth. But Eddie better hurry because someone is trying to kill the people that were on that ice with Tess all those years ago. 

This was another winner in my book and I can't wait to start the third in this series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment