Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Girl in the Well by Vincent Voss

 Girl in the Well is a Psycho Thrill horror novella by Vincent Voss. I was told if I liked Stephen King then I would like this, that wasn't a lie. I did enjoy this book, so much that I finished it in a day. 

It reminded me a lot of the paranormal shows - like The Haunted, A Haunting, Paranormal Witnesses, etc - and those shows have creeped me out in the past. (I'm a wuss.) When I first started reading GITW I kept thinking it was like those scary movies that I loved to watch with one minor difference, I couldn't shut my eyes to the scary parts. 

 It follows Johanna Ebeling and Henning Lambertz, they both work at the Ethnological Institute in the witch archives. It starts with them getting a phone call from Mrs. Falkner stating "I am evil." When she shows up to give her interview to prove that something strange has been happening to her, strange things begin happening in their office. Intrigued Johanna and Henning go to Mrs. Falkners house to further their investigation. The deeper in the investigation they get the more dangerous it is for everyone. 

Like most paranormal movies and shows it leaves you with more questions that answers. The ending left me craving more.

No comments:

Post a Comment