Friday, December 5, 2014

Finding little Elsa.

I love animals, the only kind I've met that I don't like are pet birds and spiders. The reason behind the pet birds is because they're really freaking mean. I'm not saying that all pet birds are but all of the ones I have met were evil little rats with wings. (Not to be confused with a bats) And spiders are just gross! I understand the reason for their existence but they still scare me. 

Anyone that knows me knows I have a long haired dachshund, her name is Keelie. I got her name because I was watching Phil of the Future. I also want another puppy but my husbands insists we should wait until we have a fenced in yard so we don't have to leash train another dog. I already have names picked out, I really want a puppy. 

Throughout my twenty-three years here on this earth I have found that there are dog people and then there are cat people. There are some in between people that are both, my best friend is one of those people. I have also met some people that absolutely hate cats or absolutely hate dogs, they don't want anything to do with them. I have always been more of a dog person myself but I still like cats too. 

My husband and I came across a small kitten while going through his grandmas things and we brought her home with us. It would have died if we left it there all alone. It would have either starved, been hit by a car, killed by a dog or frozen to death. The animal lover that I am, I couldn't leave the kitten knowing it would more than likely die. So we brought the cutie home with us. 

There was only one minor problem, we have a dachshund. Dogs and cats don't like each other, we learned the hard way. We both knew if we gave them time they would work out their differences and grow to tolerate each other. Well that was getting old quick! The constant hissing and spitting, growling from both species, whining and yelping was enough to make me want to pull my hair out. 

We didn't have a chance to name the cute little kitten, we mainly called her kitty. It broke my heart but I knew our house just wasn't right for her. So we found a really nice family that really wanted a kitten, they had two adorable little girls that were super excited. The oldest child immediately named her Elsa because she is a Frozen fan. 

I was so upset the whole car ride. As much as I knew we needed to give her to a loving home that didn't have a little yappy dog, it still hurt to part ways. But then when I saw how much the two little girls fell in love with her just from seeing her, I knew it was the right thing to do. The man that took little Elsa was head over heels happy to have a kitten, he wanted one for a while. 

It was fate for us to find Elsa in that house because even though she wasn't right for us, she was right for that family. We were a bridge to get her to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment