Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Carrie by Stephen King

This is the first Stephen King book that I ever picked up, the first one I was ever really interested in. It's the first Stephen King book that made me want to read more of his works. I had in my mind that all of his books are terrifying, though some might be this one isn't. It might be weird but it's not scary. Sometimes I need a book that leaves me with questions.

Carrie is the first book ever written by Stephen King. This is the book that started it all, the book that carved the way for one of the best known horror writers. I think everyone has either read this book, seen the movies, both or have at least heard of it. I say movies because this movie has been redone. I've seen the 1976 version and the 2013 version, I liked both, though I did like the modern aspect of the 2013 version. 

Carrie White is a painfully shy girl that has telekinetic powers. Her Mother is very religious and mentally abusive and that makes Carrie act weird around her classmates. She becomes ridiculed at school when she freaks out in the shower because she got her first period. Her classmates prank her resulting in their prom getting taken away from them. As revenge, Chris decides she is going to pull the prank of the century on Carrie. A prank that turns deadly for everyone.

I love the book and the movies. I do wish the ending of the movie was like the ending of the book. I guess this just proves that the book is always better than the movie. As if readers needed more proof. 

No comments:

Post a Comment