Friday, October 24, 2014

Backstage Pass by Elizabeth Nelson

     This is the first book in a six book series by Elizabeth Nelson. I've never read a book by Nelson before but I think I'll finish this series. I enjoy finding new authors and trying them out because everyone has to start out some where. Right? 

    I chose to read this because I needed something short to read while I'm in between books. I was in a love hate relationship with this book. Some aspects I enjoyed and others I did not. When I first started this I was glad it was short but once I started it I wanted it to be longer. I wish there was more detail, I think that's what it was lacking, for me. 

    So many things felt so rushed to me. It was like BAM she met the hottie then BAM she was kissing him. I don't know, I guess I'm just used to it taking longer before the guy shoves his tongue down the girls throat. At the same time I was rooting for them to get together from their first meeting. (I flip flop around.)
    
    Sasha annoyed me a lot. She would kiss the guy and then say the dreaded words "just friends." She did this to another poor guy at the beginning of the book. Kerri finally spoke up about that and made her come to her senses. 
    
    Sasha is anti-musician after dating a wanna be musician so she was not impressed by rocker, Jesse, at first. After she breaks her leg and is pretty helpless she relies on him a lot and he is always there to help. He is super nice to her and her best friend, Kerri, and bends over backwards to help them. In the end she breaks her number one rule and goes for the talented rockstar.

    All in all I enjoyed this book and will be finishing this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment