Friday, November 7, 2014

Verboten by Amelia Louise Carter

 Verboten by Amelia Louise Carter is an excellent read! Amelia Carter is an amazing writer and such a sweet girl, I've had the privilege of talking with her a few times on social media sites. She's so young and so full of talent I can't wait to see what else she produces in the future. 

This book had a little bit of everything: angels, vampires, werewolves, fairies, faeries, dragons, mermaids, witches, warlocks...I know it had more but I would be here all day trying to name every paranormal being in here. Even though it had so much it wasn't too much, there was never a time that I was lost or confused. It had a great and interesting story line that made it a pleasant read. Amelia Carter was able to create a great fantasy world that a part of me wishes I lived in.

It follows, Katalina White, a young angel as she turns into a badass assassin and her journey along the way. She finds out a lot about herself that she didn't know, things that were quite dangerous. Her assassin training helped her make new friends and brought her closer to old ones, then took her down to earth to fight against her enemies. 

I must say that I was jealous of her ability using the crossbow, I would love to never miss my target! Something else that I was thoroughly jealous about, the amount of guys that kissed her. That is not a problem most girls have and she complained way too much about it...kidding of course. ;) 

After all that she went through with these guys I don't know which one I preferred her with. That's odd for me, I usually have someone I love and no other guy can compete in my eyes but not this time. I liked Darren and Christian but I understand why she chose who she chose and I like it.

All I have left to say is bring on book two!  

No comments:

Post a Comment