Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout

    I have read many books by Jennifer Armentrout; She has quickly become my favorite author. This is a spin off, stand alone, from the Lux series. I read all of the Lux series so it was a no brainer that I would pick this one up too. 

    Unlike the Lux series this is an adult book, filled to the brim with more adult...situations. I enjoy reading YA (Young-adult) books but sometimes I just want a steamy romance, full of hot alien sex. I've never read an adult book by Armentrout but I was not disappointed!  

    Hunter is an Arum, an alien race that pretty much existed with the purpose of killing the Luxen, another alien race. Both alien races have taken up residence on Earth but most humans don't know about their existence. When a human finds out they are usually "silenced." Meaning they are killed. 

     Serena was your typical twenty-three year old woman living in Colorado. Her best friend, Mel, finds out something she shouldn't have about the boy toy she was sleeping with. When he turned into a man shaped lightbulb, Mel freaks out, like any normal person would. She does what every girl would do, she turns to her best friend and alcohol. Well the luxen wasn't pleased by her finding out his secrets and has her killed by another luxen, in front of Serena. 

    Serena spills her guts about what happened to Mel to the police, FBI, DOD (Department of defense) and pretty much anyone else that would listen. Hunter was called in by the DOD to keep her safe, something that he finds more challenging than he first thought. He has to protect her from luxen, other arum, the DOD and himself. He surprises himself with how far he will go to protect her.

    It's amazing seeing the change in Hunter from the jackass that we first meet to the sweet guy at the end. It seems to be a theme amongst alien books I've read. (I like alien books!) The aliens think they are Gods gift to women, and crazy hot. So I guess as long as you're crazy hot, you can also be an arrogant dick. But even when Hunter is a total d-bag you love him! Just as much as I fell for Hunter, I guess, I got a girl crush on Serena too. Her feisty attitude with his extreme bossiness was hilarious!  

    Now the only problem I have is I don't really know who the bad aliens are anymore! When reading the Lux series it was the arum but when reading this it was the luxen. So I don't know what to think anymore, I guess there are good and bad guys in both groups.  

    The only warning I have to people reading this is it has a lot of sex in it. So if you don't like that kind of thing then don't read this. But if you don't read this then you are truly missing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment