Monday, January 12, 2015

Intent by Krista Wagner

~Synopsis~ 

Trying to deal with small town life and feeling that she has no real purpose, Raylee Johnson finds a new source of confidence when her former high school crush returns to town. When she begins to feel better about the direction her life is going, Raylee is thrust into a maze of doubt, uncertainty, murder, and deceit where the only thing she does know for sure is that her life is engulfed in lies.


~My Review~ 

First of all who wouldn't be a little bitter after losing both parents at the same time. It would be bad enough to lose one at such a young age but both, that's horrible. And even though she a good christian girl I think it would be normal to be cynical and question the afterlife. I think everyone questions God's plan when something doesn't go as planned, not saying they should but everyone does. 

I'm not going to lie, the beginning of this book was kind of slow. It took a little while to get passed her whining about her life. I grew up in a small town, a lot like her and I got out. I know a lot of people that didn't and they are happy. No need to be a Debby downer just because your life isn't the way you wanted it to be. No ones is. Things change, goals change, life changes...you might as well get used to it. 

Once I got passed the whining, I stepped back and really looked at Raylee (love that name) and realized how relatable of a character she is. There are so many people in the world that are in her shoes. I think Krista Wagner did a great job at making her so "life like."

I got a weird vibe from Billy. His crazy mood swings and profound lines creeped me out. He kept saying these crazy sweet lines to Raylee that made her heart melt but not me, there was just something no right there. 

Paul was too sweet to have gotten friend-zoned. Why do girls alway friend-zone the good guys and go after the psychopaths? That being said I wish I had a friend like Paul!

I was very proud of myself for solving this mystery! I never get it right and I actually got this one right. I really enjoyed this book, it kept me on my toes. Once the action started it was really fast. The ending had me on the edge of my seat and the epilogue was sweet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment