Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Beast Within by Christian Endres

The Beast Within is another Psycho Thrill horror novella. I read it in about a hour and a half, so it's perfect if you're looking for a quick read. 

It's obviously about werewolves, you can gather that from the cover and title. It's not like other werewolf books I've read though and I can't tell if that's disappointing or refreshing. Like most werewolf books, the 'were' is super strong even in their human form. Not this guy, he was just a regular weak human when he wasn't a wolf, which was kind of disappointing, to me. I guess I just expected him to be crazy strong and could get out of every situations but that wasn't the case. 

Jackson Ellis has been a werewolf since he was twelve years old. He's been alone since he was twelve years old also, there is a connection there. He talks a lot about his dead friend, Dead Crow (yes his friends name was Dead Crow). He even talks to his dead friend that he can apparently see and hear. He finally has a semi-normal life as a bouncer at a nightclub, with a girlfriend that he fights with a lot and a dog that is more loyal than he is. When a pretty girl in a bar catches his eye and invites him to her house he can't refuse. It's a decision that changes his life, now he has to fight to survive. With only one thing remaining on his mind, revenge.  

I've only read two of The Psycho Thrill books but I really enjoyed them. I look forward to reading some of the others. 


No comments:

Post a Comment